Improving the Air Quality in Your Home
- EPA research concluded that indoor air can be two to five times (and sometimes as much as 100 times) more polluted than the air outside. Clean air in the home began to rapidly deteriorate back in the mid-70s when the insulation and “tight home” craze swept the nation. In an attempt to save a few dollars on heating bills, many homeowners simply locked in whatever pollutants were within the home’s walls. And the trend continues as modern homes are still being built to be airtight.
- Your heating and cooling system can bring in dust, pollen, mold, fungi, bacteria, carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, pesticides, legionella and a host of things that can be lethal, especially for those who are susceptible to respiratory ailments.
Robertson Electric can cleanse your home by providing state-of-the-art products and services designed to inspect, purify, filter and maintain healthy indoor air. There are three principal means of ridding a home of dangerous pollutants.
- The first method involves tight ductwork and clean air ducts. Leaky or dirty ducts can produce dust, pollen, mold, fungi, smoke from tobacco, dust mites, mildew and pet dander which is breathed in by every member of the family. The health effects can range from coughing and wheezing to a feeling of breathlessness. Robertson Electric thoroughly examines the ductwork for leaks and cleanliness wherever that problem exists.
- Air cleaning systems will cleanse and disinfect your air naturally and without chemicals.
- An ultraviolet treatment from Robertson Electric can rid the home’s air of bacteria, influenza, strep, and other molds. The health effects from these infectious agents can range from severe fatigue to viral infections to dizziness and bronchitis.
With one call to Robertson Electric, a team of specialists will come to your home for a free air quality evaluation. If they find a problem, they will recommend their services, which can include air purification, filtration systems, ultraviolet light, humidification, and ductwork cleaning or repair.
Robertson Electric offers the most extensive and thorough evaluation on the market. A FREE home air quality evaluation can allow the homeowner to breathe a sigh of relief knowing that his family is safe, at least, within the home. To find out more about indoor air quality, call 434-227-4986